What is this procedure?
Breast reduction procedures can become necessary when you have a chest size that isn’t proportional to the rest of your body. This lack of proportion may result in discomfort, emotional distress, and difficulty participating in specific sports or physical activities.
Breast reduction may be the only solution available to alleviate pain, discomfort, and the self-consciousness that arises when you have disproportionate breasts.
Continue reading to learn more about breast reduction treatments as well as where to get plastic surgeon breast reduction in Beverly Hills or get in touch with Soma Plastics to speak with one of our medical professionals about your breast reduction needs or questions.
Where To Get Breast Reduction Surgery Beverly Hills
If you are looking for a trustworthy clinic to get your breast reduction at, get in touch with Soma Plastics today.
We offer breast reduction Beverly Hills services and our goal is to make breast reduction procedures as comfortable, accessible, and easy as possible and we do this by only employing skilled surgeons and nurses.
Get in touch with our team of specialists today to learn more about our services, experience, or scheduling availability.
Breast Reduction Procedure
What is the breast reduction procedure like?
The breast reduction procedure is performed while a patient is under general anesthesia in order to ensure that the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort. Patients also will not remember the procedure as they will be asleep during the duration of it.
Following the procedure, patients will be given oral pain killers to alleviate the discomfort they may experience in the weeks following the reduction. Recovery may take anywhere from two to six weeks and during that time patients should not drive, go to work, or do any other form of physically exerting activity.
The surgeon that did the reduction will advise the patient as to precautions they should take and will often schedule a check-up visit to ensure that the patient is healing as planned.
In terms of history, breast reductions have been around for many years, but have become more widely practiced since the 1960s when breast reduction procedures were refined to be more practical.
Benefits Of Breast Reduction Treatment
There are a number of disadvantages that accompany disproportionately large breasts, and when a reduction is done, these issues are often away.
Some of the best benefits associated with breast reduction include:
- The ability to participate in sports and other physical activities with ease. Very large breasts have a way of making sports or physical activity more difficult. They can cause discomfort during times of physical activity and can even be the main cause of certain injuries.
- Clothes shopping becomes easier. Another advantage of getting a breast reduction is that finding clothes that fit you will become much easier. Your shopping horizons will expand and you’ll be able to take advantage of good shopping bargains more freely.
- Reduced back pain and discomfort. One of the main benefits of getting a breast reduction is the alleviation of back pain due to heavy breasts.
- Increased self-confidence. Having large breasts doesn’t necessarily boost confidence. Sometimes, large breasts can even result in decreased body confidence due to the fact that not all clothing fits flatteringly. This is where getting a reduction can actually help increase your self-confidence.
- A proportionate figure. Another benefit of breast reduction procedures is that they can help you accomplish a better-proportioned body.
- Better overall hygiene. The hygiene issues that arise when an individual has extremely large breasts are inconvenient and irritating. Large breasts may create skin folds that are prone to getting intertriginous rashes.
Recovery Tips Following a Breast Reduction Procedure
Eight of the best tips to enable you to have a speedy recovery following a breast reduction procedure include:
- Rest and relax.
- Quit smoking (if applicable).
- Avoid showers, baths, and running water.
- Take care of the incision site.
- Sleep in an elevated position if possible.
- Take a break from sexual activity (most doctors recommend taking a month-long break from any sort of sexual activity).
- Drink lots of fluids and incorporate healthy foods.
- Cut out all alcohol (this is especially important as you’ll be taking pain killers for the first few weeks).
What Are The Non-Surgical Breast Reduction Treatment Options?
If you are hoping for a non-surgical breast reduction treatment option, there are a number of options that you can choose to pursue. Some of the most common non-surgical solutions that result in breast reduction include:
- Dieting. Losing body fat often results in reduced breast size. If you would like to take the dieting approach to breast reduction, make sure to incorporate a lot of healthy foods such as fruits and veggies and try to reduce the number of processed foods and sweets that you consume.
- Increased exercise. Because breasts are composed mostly of fat, increasing the amount of exercise you do and consequently burning excess fat may help you reduce your breast size. Try incorporating cardio into your weekly routine and see if that makes a difference.
- Reduced estrogen. Hormonal imbalances are likely a key contributor to disproportionate breasts. Things such as hormonal contraceptives could be the culprits in enlarging an individual’s breast size and thus limiting things that could make a hormonal impact could result in shrinking the size of your breasts.
- Breast binding. While binding the breasts won’t shrink or stop the breasts from growing, it will lessen the appearance of larger breasts and could cause you to feel greater confidence in your physical appearance. If your reason for wanting a reduction is purely for aesthetics, breast binding could be a viable solution.
Contact Soma Plastics’ Breast Reduction Center Los Angeles Beverly Hills CA
Our Beverly Hills breast reduction specialist would be happy to discuss your breast reduction needs with you and help you schedule your reduction procedure. We offer both female and male breast reduction Beverly Hills services.
Regardless of your reason for choosing a breast reduction, our clinic aims to provide you with an informative, comfortable, and quality experience throughout the entire process.
Get in touch with Soma Plastics with your questions, concerns, or to schedule a consultation to discuss your breast reduction procedure.